Subject to the terms and conditions of the Alectrona Patch Software License and Patch Service LevelAgreement or other applicable agreements between Alectrona and Customer (the“Agreement”), Alectrona will provide the Standard Technical Support Services as detailed in this Standard Technical Support Policy. Capitalized terms used, but not defined, here will have the meaning set forth in the Agreement.
Scope of Standard Technical Support Services
The type of support or Service provided by Alectrona to Customer is at the sole discretion of Alectrona.
- Alectrona will provide electronic support to Customer. Electronic support may include email, in-product, portal-based or chat support depending on the Software or Services Customer has purchased.
- Alectrona may provide telephone support, depending on the Software or Services that Customer has purchased.
- Telephone and electronic support are available during business hours, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Eastern Standard Time. For further information on who to contact for Technical Support Services see: Technical Support.
Incident Response Times
Once a Customer submits a case via electronic or telephone support, Alectrona will determine whether the case is an Incident and the Priority Status of that Incident. An “Incident” is a single reproducible issue focusing on one aspect of theSoftware or Hosted Services’ failure to perform in substantial conformity with the Documentation that can be re-created and identified by isolating specific symptoms. If a submitted case can be broken down into subordinate Incidents, each Incident will be handled separately. Alectrona will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond as follows:
Priority Status of Incident | New Case Response Time | In Progress Case Response Time
- Low Priority: Response between 8 Hours and 32 Hours
- Medium Priority: Response between 4 Hours and 24 Hours
- High Priority: Response between 2 Hours and 12 Hours
- Urgent (Emergency) Priority: Response between 1 Hour and 4 Hours
Priority Statuses Defined
- Low Priority Status means an Incident that does not materially impact functionality.
- Medium Priority Status means an Incident causing some loss in functionality.
- High Priority Status means an Incident causing a significant loss in functionality.
- Urgent (Emergency) Priority Status means an Incident causing a total loss of functionality.
Incidents are resolved when, in Alectrona’s sole discretion, Alectrona has:
- Provided information regarding a reasonable solution or workaround to the Customer;
- Notified the Customer that the issue will be resolved by upgrading to a newer release;
- Provided information that isolates the issue to a third-party product; or
- Determined that the issue is an enhancement request or identified product issue.
Alectrona makes Documentation available online at Product Documentation
Alectrona will provide periodic updates to the Software under the terms of the Agreement. Updates will be made available solely when and as determined by Alectrona. For On-Premise installations, the Customer is responsible for installing Updates.
- Standard Technical Support Services are available beginning on the Effective Date of the Agreement.
- Standard Technical Support Services are included with Hosted Services subscriptions.
- For On-Premise installations, Standard Technical Support Services is usually purchased in12-month increments.
- Customer will promptly notify Alectrona of any Incident by submitting a case and providing Alectrona with all reasonably necessary information in a timely manner.
- Customer will comply with the terms of this Standard Technical Support Policy and the Agreement.
- Customer will cooperate with Alectrona’s requests for assistance or information.
- Standard TechnicalSupport Services do not include custom coding, consulting or other professional services, optional paid premium support offerings, or training.·
- Alectrona is not responsible for any delay or failure of performance due to a failure or delay of Customer.·
- Alectrona has no obligation to provide Standard Technical Support Services for:
- Any operation or use of Software or Hosted Services other than as specified in the Documentation or as permitted by the Agreement;
- Customer’s negligence, abuse, or misuse of the Software orHosted Services;
- Any Test Software; or
- Any third-party software or tools.
Alectrona may, in its sole discretion, change any aspect of this Standard Technical Support Policy with advanced notice of one (1) week. With any such changes, Alectrona will not materially reduce the Standard Technical Support Services.